Pickens County Medical Center's Senior Care program is a 10-bed inpatient unit that serves persons age 55 and older, who have mental health issues, in a secure and discreet setting. We honor Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance. Referrals are accepted from physicians, hospitals, mental health professionals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health agencies, clergy, family members, and individuals. The referral process is easy. Simply call us. We provide the initial evaluation with 24 hours of the referral in a location convenient to the person referred.
Our goal at Pickens County Medical Center Senior Care program is to help a person return to the highest level of functioning and independence possible by targeting emotional, behavioral, and physical needs.
To be eligible for admission, individuals must be:
- Age 55 or older
- Medically stable
With one of the following symptoms:
- Hearing or seeing things not present
- Significant change of appetite or loss of energy and fatigue
- Sudden onset of inability to deal with stressful situations
- Excessive feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness, or guilt
- Recurrent thoughts of suicide or death
- Assaultive or combative behaviors
- Disturbance in sleep/wake cycle
- Recent onset of false beliefs
- Acute deterioration of coping skills that creates risk for the patient or others